- We have minimal rules. Just enough to operate with.
- We ask that you deal with each other honestly and fairly.
- We ask that you do not do anything to harm any official of ABAN or any
other ABAN member.
- We ask that you treat others as you would yourself like to be treated.
- We suggest that you apply a test of reasonableness in all dealings, and
actions, and we feel that most members will know what is reasonable or not and
if unsure can ask.
- We ask that you keep privileged information, and this includes all
information that you get from this member website and information from other
members that you contact through here, completely confidential.
- We point out that you need to very fully check out any proposition before
becoming involved and never rely on information from this website or from
fellow members or others that you have not verified.
- We point out that you are free and may like to consult others that you
feel are relevant for legal or other advice.
- We point out that we never give financial advice, investment advice or
advice in relation to individual circumstances, but provide general
information, that may or may not be relevant to your individual circumstances.
- We point out that not everything is likely to go as planned on any
project, so you should be aware that you could lose some or all of any money
that you involve.
- We strongly suggest that you NEVER provide a guarantee, and NEVER secured
against your home. We point out that if you do and anything goes wrong you
could loose your home.
- We think that ideally a balanced approach to everything is best be it
financial or otherwise, and perhaps as a conceptual if at times an impractical
guide, never investing too large a percentage in a single project or industry
- You cannot use ABAN meetings to promote a project of your own that is not
a part of the agreed agenda.
- You must not mailshot or circulate information to members that you meet
- You must not use the ABAN system or contacts as a means to sell any
service or product.
- We expect you to stay completely within the law, even when it seems
- We will replace these rules with a more formal set, if the need arises.